Saturday, July 28, 2012

discovering baguio

              Obviously the guy is counting the money he earned from letting tourists ride on this pink unicorn whose horn hasn't grown yet. For me, it's rather inhumane, but it's the only thing that's keeping his family from starving.



            Some weird plant that caught my attention. I guess Baguio has a variety of plants, trees and flowers because of the cold temperature there. The only place in this tropical country with an average temperature as low as 17 degrees Celsius.  


           My friend, classmate, and room mate which I directed to pose for the camera (we were actually just fooling around)




        I find it rather amusing that street vendors are actually giving you free stuff to try. So I got around trying a lot of the food they were selling but ended up not buying any because of a full stomach. It was a FUN and FULL experience! I'd like to try it again sometime.  



        In Baguio, people would sell almost anything and everything, from souvenirs, to scarves, to street food, even down to taking your pictures from a horse. Yup, and the prices are so cheap you won't actually feel guilty about spending. Plus they have great, as in very huge discounts. It's just sad that I forgot about the strawberries! Of all things I forgot to buy the one that Baguio is famous for!



          Then we got inside this army camp and there was this park that was filled with so much artillery, tanks, and other war weapons-- they're inactive though, just antiques, and they're used for tourist attraction. We climbed up the top of those tanks and pretended we were in a war or something-- well, actually my classmates did. I, on the other hand, sat pretty while friends took pictures. (sad fact)

            I miss those fun, crazy times, at least I got to spend happy moments with my friends and mentors that I would cherish before my life became this boring hole that sucked the life out of me. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment