Saturday, August 04, 2012

vintage persona



                                         my Granny, she's 90 years old and she can still walk

                                    my cousin with her baby, and her sister by her side   




                                          random photos that I took with a borrowed 50mm lens
                  
               I've always had this strange fascination for old photographs, and every time I look at one I just feel so mesmerized by the moment inside the old piece of paper. I'm an old person inside, I know-- I should've lived at the time when hippies flooded the streets with their love movement or when disco was a riot! Of course my generation is more awesome because everything is fast-paced and slow communication is nothing but a myth given the millions of instruments invented for people to communicate without hassle-- but still, the old 60-70's vibe just gets me so curious, and at the same time so overwhelmed. Life was a lot simpler, and people talked more then, than now. Anyway, I just love it when my photographs look like something taken out from a dusty chest stuck under the bed for decades-- I guess in my former life I must have lived during the time when love and peace was a total hype and that getting naked and stoned in public areas was a normal thing to do (not that I believe in reincarnation or something like that, I'm just saying).

No comments:

Post a Comment