Sunday, September 23, 2012

going away


















                I don't even know where to start. I've been wanting so much to do a quick update on the fast track of events happening in my life, but I fail every time I think about the words to say. First things first though, I want to thank God for the faithfulness He has manifested in my life, and in my walk with Him. I never would have imagined the last week to be so blissful and just so fast-- like thunder and lightning. I never would have thought I would build relationships with people I now call friends much less be saddened by my own going away trip. It does bug me that I have to leave right away-- but God does have the perfect timing for everything in our lives. And though I may not know why or how, I know that in all things I can trust Him. The days from now, feel like a sleep away and everything just seems to pass by so fast, I feel like I am pressured to keep up! Yes, I am going to Rome. I have finished all that there is to finish regarding the requirements, the documents, and I am therefore eligible for travel. Yey! Sounds cool and exciting right? Well, it is actually, but believe it or not, I am somehow having the pre-departure blues. I know in my heart that God is actually taking me to a whole new level (again), but you know that feeling when you've just made yourself feel so comfortable in a group, and you still want to make plans of hanging out, getting to know everyone deeper, but you can't because reality checks in, and you find yourself realizing that you've got less than a week to prepare. It somehow sucks. Honestly. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that I am leaving, it's like, wow, finally, after almost a decade in a teenager's time table, I get to do what I should have done four months ago. But, in four months a lot of things happened, plans changed, circumstances were different, and I met new friends, I found a new family aside from my own, and when finally I could feel that I belonged, that I was enjoying myself in a new environment, that I was actually happy being used for His greater glory-- snap! I have to leave. Just like that. No warnings, no signs, no everything, just the fact as it is. Three years ago I could have sworn I'd have groaned at the fast transition, but now, although I may be tempted to do so, although I do find it unfair at times, the knowing deep inside that I am where I am supposed to be, right at the exact moment of my life, gives me greater peace and joy because I know in Him nothing could go wrong. If I will meticulously analyze every change, every turn, and every step that I took, it would slowly start to sink in me that everything happens for a purpose, everything we do in Him would always bear fruit in the near or far future and even in the days to come. It has always been like that. Given all this, instead of wallowing in the corner, for the friends I will leave behind, and the ministries I have to take a break from, I praise God! I still praise Him for giving me all that I have now, and all that's in store for me ahead. Right now, I'm just thinking of my mom, and God knows how much she needs me, and I her. It's been a year since I last saw her, and the year ago was the first time I have seen her for five long years. Yes, five years, was actually that long for me! And now God is giving me another chance to see her, except this time instead of her coming to me, it's the other way around! God is just so awesome! I just pray that the rest of our family gets to have a chance to see her again too by every means possible. I honestly don't know what I'd be doing days from now especially when I'm at the airport, I have never traveled abroad, this will be my first time, and I am a bit scared, but, again, I know I shouldn't be. Guess you really can't help those pre-boarding jitters. Updates soon! I will miss you guys! credits to the ones who took these photos :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You are soooo beautiful, pretty lady!! Amazing photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! :))) You have an amazing fashion blog!

      Delete