Thursday, October 25, 2012

adventures with ness

                 I've been in a pensive mood lately, for four days now actually. Trying to reflect on something I just recently discovered, on whether I should fight for it, or just let it go. Some things are just hard to fathom really, and the more you force yourself to grasp the reality of something, the more it leads you to believe that the reality you're believing in is nothing but a mere lie. Someday this will all be settled, and when it's time, I shall tell of why there was a point in my life when I wished nothing more but to get drunk on my first beer, get addicted to my first cigarette, and get high with my first weed. But for now, I shall only tell of my adventures with a new friend I've come to know more, and love more while I am in this new place-- Ness.

this is Vanessa, I call her Nessa, or Ness for short.

her smiles remind me so much of a dear friend-- Kaye.
yes, she's a bit crazy also, like me.







               We went to EUR FERMI, a place in Rome, a bit far from the center of Rome, actually this place is the second to the last stop on the Metro going to Laurentina. I think this was shot last week, we were planning to have an autumn shoot but when I saw the place everything was so green, it felt like spring instead of autumn. The seasons here are kind of confusing, it's supposed to be autumn already but there are days when it's still hot outside, and leaves haven't even changed colors yet. There are also days when it's so cold you could wear up to three layers of clothing and still feel the gnawing cold. I blame global warming. The earth is not the same earth anymore, and the results are now becoming more visible. Moving on, we decided that since we can't have our autumn shoot, then we should at least have some fun and just play around and that's exactly what we did-- be goofballs and all. It was so fun, I arrived home a bit late that night meaning 7 p.m since the traveling distance was a bit far. So there you are, I actually was more of a "model" than a photographer during this fun shoot because I have more photos than Ness! And that is why, in between shots my mind would be nostalgic and remember my friends back in Cebu, especially Kaye, because she was always the first to be confident in me and push me to smile for her as she takes a shot of me. If you are reading this Kaye, I miss you! Here is one shot of me which I really like.

And here are the rest of our photos. Thank you Ness for taking great photos of me! That is all. More updates soon, I'm planning on making a video, taking a lot of random bus rides, and having more of my Rome experience because I need a break from all this negative vibe that is going on.




2 comments:

  1. Awww, I miss you too Kate. We're all missing you here. And if you're having an autumn shoot, I'm gonna die of jealousy. Hahaha! But I can't wait to see it though. Hahaha! Keep smiling :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! Please don't die of jealousy, because I'm dying to have you guys here! it's no fun without you around :( I will try to keep smiling. hahaha

      Delete