Thursday, August 23, 2012

a work in progress








                        Lately I've been obsessing over the hippie subculture, I find it rather interesting and amusing at the same time. The way the youth led this free love movement that changed the belief and culture of the western world. I am not American and I didn't live in the 60's when hippie was at it's hottest, but its influence on me and the rest of my generation can be very well observed especially now when our generation believes this carefree, passionate, anti violence, and free loving way of life is how it should be.

                         Aside from all that hippie vibe I also have been engrossed with body art, lots of it including sleeve tattoos. Even as an artist I was somehow a bit of a conformist, and I had this close-minded approach on tattoos, I can look at them and they can be so artistic but I wouldn't get fascinated-- not until now. I am into Pen and Ink as I shared before on my first artwork post entitled the comeback so it amazes me when I find artsy Pen and Ink illustrations on the human body, especially the plain black ones, with creative concepts that blow your head off. Most of the ones that caught my attention was of course the famous feather-turned-swallows, and dandelion-turned-swallows that you can find images widely available on the internet.

                             So, to feed my newly formed love for body art I made this illustration with a little bit of the hippie touch to it. It's not yet finished though, still a work in progress. I used Gouache for the hair and body color then I used a Tech Pen to outline and to put the rest of the body art and accessories in there. I do hope I come up with an idea to the background soon-- I've been working on it for weeks now and I still haven't finished it. And I haven't stayed this long on a project I just hope I get inspired and I finish it already before I leave for Rome in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment