Saturday, October 13, 2012

just realizations

                          After almost a week of going to and fro from the agency and three days of straight effort of trying to mail my papers in the post office we did it! Ugh, the effort finally paid off, and I have my appointment with the Immigration next month. If I were just a tourist, I wouldn't have to go through all this, I wouldn't have to file for my Permesso Di Soggiorno, I would have this limited stay, and file for another visa next time I think of coming back here. But since I came here because of petition, I would have to file and get the permit to stay, and just renew it every two years-- I think. I'm not so sure. Anyway, the point is I can just come back anytime I want when I get that permit not only that I could also stay here for as long as I want, but of course that's another thing. Months ago I had the idea that Rome is the perfect place for me after graduation-- after two years or so-- now I realize Rome is just great for soul-searching-- when you need to find yourself, and when you need to discover what you really want to do with your life. But of course it's different with others, because all of this can be your life, and you can be happy and find joy in the things you're doing. But for someone, like me, who believes that I can't stay in just one place for the rest of my life and run a cycle, I don't think this will be my reality. Maybe I'll come here again after two years and look for my past life, or reconnect with my inner self, I hope when I do come back I'll be able to find what I'm really looking for, and really discover life at its core. For now, I'll just dream of that day and enjoy what I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment