Friday, June 08, 2012

familiar face


              I saw it again, that face, that familiar face I thought I wouldn't ever see; the eyes which I thought were buried deep in the corners of my memory flashed before my very own, tonight. I never thought-- no I never even had the guts to think about it because every single time I do, pain strikes me before I could ever have the chance to pull away from the thought. Time, it left me with a horrible, deep, never-to-be-erased scar that only I could see and feel-- a scar in my memory, in my heart. I don't generalize; not every guy with chinky brown eyes remind me of the one guy who made me fall in love a long time ago yesterday-- not everyone who has those chinky brown eyes could easily remind me of him. But tonight, I couldn't help but stare at those  eyes. Those were almost the exact pair of eyes I have long yearned to see and hide from at the same time. And at that moment, as I was in deep stare,  pain struck me-- as fast and as nerve-killing as lightning. The setting was all too perfect for a moment's reminiscing! I was in an internet café, laughing  with my friends, playing a zombie game; almost every guy in there was playing warcraft-- including the guy next to me and that guy who stood at the  other side with his chinky brown eyes. R also loved warcraft. Even before I came to know him it was already his life, after knowing him and breaking his  heart it became his only life. I remembered. I felt. I was horrible. I wished I never saw those eyes tonight. I wished I never came too close to knowing  those eyes a long time ago yesterday because now, I could only shrink at the sight of those pleading, guilt-driven, pain-filled eyes. Each time I come across  those random chinky brown eyes, I feel a deep stab-- a stab I know would continue, continue to hurt, continue to itch, and continue to bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment