Saturday, July 21, 2012

a late birthday

                                  Whatever happened to the birthdays we look forward to each year? Excitement has taken its step into oblivion, and thus we are left with no anticipation at all. I celebrated my nineteenth birthday with legal documents in my hands, the thoughts which were meant for wishes were replaced with worries and deadline dates, and the time which was supposedly for preparation and relaxation became something I was running after. But still, at the end of the day I managed to snag a birthday cake which had a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME" greeting, blow out candles and wishes for the whole year, and appreciate where I was and who I was with. Last year I spent my birthday eating pizza, ice cream and cake with friends. This year I spent my birthday with people I consider my second family-- my relatives. All in all my birthday was special and just like all of my other birthdays they had their own unique touch, none was ever the same as the other, and next year hopefully I'll be able to spend my birthday with my mom, my dad, and my two precious brothers. I know this is a very late birthday post, but it's okay, because I'm still thankful for yet another year God has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment