Monday, December 31, 2012

goodbye 2012, hello 2013

                     It's 5:20 am here in Rome. I am wide awake, and there's a lot of subtle snoring going on in the room. It's now official, the year 2012 has left along with its threats of total human race extinction, and 2013 has been welcomed bringing with it hope of longer and brighter days. I celebrated the New Year by going all sleeping beauty on everyone and missing out on all the fun. Yes, at 11:45 in the evening of December 31, 2012, I tucked myself into bed, put on my earplugs, and set my sleeping mask. I zoned out for an hour or so, only hearing whispers, and bits of explosions coming from above the roof, oblivious to the chaotic fun happening outside. Well, at least I started my year right by sleeping rather than by being bitter. The reason for my lack of interest in the fireworks display this year, was that I didn't get to watch it from the city's top view, because my mom couldn't be bothered to come and walk with me there. Shallow, I know. Suddenly I wish for more adventurous parents, but then parents mixed with adventure screams total havoc, so, yeah, I guess I am thankful. And since I mentioned thankful, I would like to thank God for the wonderful year He has given me. 2012 has been nothing more than a year of dreams, and it's still all too surreal for me. Never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought of coming to Rome at such a young age-- thought it was only for the rich, famous, and those brave enough to really step foot outside their world-- but I realized it's for anybody really, anybody whose got a dream in their heart. Before I came here, I was already traveling across the Luzon and Visayas area in the Philippines, and that was an added bonus to my year. I met new people, made new friends, visited new places, and realized new passions, discovering more of me in Him in the process. Thank you for that interestingly fun-filled year, and thank you for the opportunities and the people You put in my life. Family, Friends, Mentors, everyone, thank you for keeping me and for standing by my side always. In memory of last year's New Year's Celebration, here are some shots taken during the first of January, year 2012:











                      May we all have a prosperous and overflowing year of blessings this 2013! For now I have to go to bed, because I need my beauty rest! I am starting the year with more love! Love lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment